Canonrumors.com has posted that a new Firmware update is available for the Canon 5D Mark III, version 1.1.3. The update looks like a minor update to correct some small issues. No new features this time around.
Here’s a list of updates in 1.1.3:
Firmware Version 1.1.3 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
- Supports the single focal length EF40mm f/2.8 STM lens that is to be released at the end of June, 2012.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which an image may become underexposed when using the Auto Lighting Optimizer for continuous Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) shooting.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the backlight of the LCD monitor may not turn off depending on the camera settings and timing.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera’s power may not turn on when a super-telephoto lens*1) is mounted to the camera with an extender*2).
- – EF 300mm F2.8L IS II USM / EF 400mm F2.8L IS II USM
- – Extender EF 1.4X III / Extender EF 2X III
- Corrects mistakes in the Dutch, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, and Swedish menu screens